2018 Mississippi Cyclocross Cup & Weeknight ‘Cross Series Scoring and Rules
- There are 4 races associated with our Weeknight ‘Cross Series & Mississippi Cyclocross Cup Race Series.
- Each event consists of one race for each category each day.
- The following race categories are available for the Weeknight ‘Cross Series for each event day:
- Junior Boys/Girls Age 6-9 (U10). They will race for 10 minutes.
- Junior Boys/Girls Age 10-14 (U15). They will race for 15 minutes.
- Junior Boys/Girls Age 15-17 (U18). They will race for 15 minutes.
- Men B (Category 4/5). They will race for 25 minutes.
- Men A (Open Category). They will race for 35 minutes.
- Women B (Category 3/4/5). They will race for 25 minutes.
- Women A (Category 1/2/3). They will race for 25 minutes.
- The following race categories are available for the Mississippi Cyclocross Cup Series for each event day:
- We are excited to announce that for 2018 we will once again have our Mississippi Cyclocross Cup Team Championship. Teams can compete for the Mississippi Cyclocross Cup Series Team Championship by earning points at all four Mississippi Cyclocross Cup Series races for 2018. Participating teams will accumulate points using the Mississippi Brewery Mississippi Cyclocross Cup point system at each race based on their ranking at each of the race events. Team rankings will be determined by the points earned by up to 5 individual and unique riders at each race. If a rider scores points in two races during one race day, use their best result and only submit one result per rider. More details at www.mscxcup.com/team-standing
- Master Men’s 40+
- *Master Men’s & 50+
- *Master Men’s 60+
- Men’s CX 3/4
- Junior Boys U19 (must be 18 in calendar year 2019)
- Master Women 40+ 4/5
- Women 4/5
- Junior Girls U19 (must be 18 YO in calendar year 2019)
- Single Speed Men Open
- Single Speed Women Open
- *Junior Boys/Girls U15 (must be 14 YO in calendar year 2019)
- **Junior Boys/Girls U10 (must be 9 YO in calendar year 2019)
- Kid ‘Cross (9 and under) Fun Ride
- Women’s Open
- Master Women 40+ 1/2/3
- Men P/1/2
- Men’s CX 4/5
- Master Men’s 40+ 4/5
- Race Duration for the Mississippi Cyclocross Cup Series. The length of races must be as close as possible to:
- 60 minutes for Men P/1/2
- 40 minutes for Men Masters 40+, 50+, 60+, Women 1/2/3, Master Women 1/2/3, Men Single Speed Open, Men Cat 3/4
- 30 minutes for Master Men 40+ 4/5, Men 4/5
- 30 minutes for Women 4/5, Master Women 40+ 4/5, Women Single Speed
- 20 minutes for Junior Boys/Girls U15
- 10 minutes for Juniors Boys/Girls U10
- Series Pass will not be available after the first race of the series occurs.
- Series Pass individual race entries are not transferable.
- Call-ups: Call-ups will be based on USAC Ranking.
- Series Pass will not be available after the first race of the series occurs. Mississippi Cyclocross Cup Series individual race entries are not transferable.
- All Mississippi Cyclocross Cup races are sanctioned by USA Cycling.
- Participants do not need to register for the Mississippi Cyclocross Cup. Participation in any race within the events of the Cup series automatically includes the participant in the Cup points standings.
- For the Mississippi Cyclocross Cup Series, all races count towards the Cup points standings. There are no dropped races. However, missing a race does not disqualify a participant from the Cup.
- To qualify for the champions jersey, you must do at least 3 races in a same category within the two race weekends in the Mississippi Cyclocross Cup Series.
- The Weeknight ‘Cross Series, overall series points based on total points earned, best three of four weeknight races.
- Cup points standings will be available for each race category.
- The participant with the highest number of points at the end of all of the Cup races is the Cup champion.
- In the event of two participants having the same total of points at the conclusion of the Cup races, the tiebreaker will be the finishing order within the last race of the Cup.
- 10 points will be awarded to any participant who starts a race.
- Points will be awarded based upon the order of finish of each race, as follows:
- A rider who participates in each of the four races, but never places in the top 25 will accumulate a total of 40 points.
- A rider who participates in one race and finishes in first place will accumulate a total of 70 points.