2018 Cyclocross Clinic with Jonathan Page
Join us to welcome Jonathan Page, Multiple Time USA Professional Cyclocross Champion & 2006/2007 UCI Cyclocross Worlds, Silver Medal on Friday, September 6th-9th for a weekend of cyclocross Q&A, clinic and racing!
- Register: Register for the weekend events at https://www.bikereg.com/jpageclinic
- Jonathan Page, Multiple Time USA Profesional Cyclocross Champion & 2006/2007 UCI Cyclocross Worlds, Silver Medal. Get to know Jonathan by watching a great documentary created by our friends at FloBikes https://www.flobikes.com/video/6112321-the-last-ride-of-jonathan-page
- Perks, Free entry to the Ridgeland ‘Cross Weeknight ‘Cross Racing Series: All registered participants for the Jonathan Page Clinic on Saturday, September 8th will receive a free entry for the first day of the inaugural Tri-County Mountain Bike Association, Ridgeland ‘Cross Weeknight ‘Cross Racing Series p/b Mississippi Cyclocross Cup on Thursday, September 6th.
- Event flyer: http://mscxcup.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/J.Page_Mississippi_CX_Clinic_2018_Flyer.pdf
- Facebook event page: Make sure to like our event page to stay updated at https://www.facebook.com/events/1429901230445461/.
- Friday, 9/7: Chat with Jonathan Page at TBA from 6-8pm at Burgers & Blues. There is no cost; however we encourage all attendees to thank our host, Burgers & Blues by making a purchase. limited to 50 participants. This session will take place at Burgers & Blues at 1060 E County Line Rd #22, Ridgeland, MS 39157.
- *Saturday, 9/8: Two clinics will be available and facilitated by Jonathan Page. Morning Adult Clinic from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Afternoon Adult Clinic from 1:00 to 5:00 p.m the Tri-County Mountain Bike Association’s Ridgeland Trails at 21 Giles Ln, Madison, MS 39110. Clinic is for all level riders. Must wear a helmet and bring a bike (mountain bike or cyclocross bike). Cost for the adult clinic is $80 per person; limited to 30 participants for each clinic.
- Morning clinic will be from 8-12pm and
- afternoon clinic will be from 1-5pm.
*Come learn cyclocross skills and technique from one of the best! Jonathan Page will be here to teach a cyclocross clinic on September 8th. Jonathan will cover basic cross skills and more advanced skills and technique in order to make you a more proficient cross racer. During the clinic, Jonathan will cover equipment issues, tires and pressures, corning, line selection, barrier technique, the all-important start, as well as how to ride through mud and sand. Jonathan will be here to answer any training and/or racing related questions you have in order to become a better cyclocross rider or racer. This will be a fun and informative clinic before the cyclocross season gets underway.
- Sunday, 9/9– Mississippi Cyclocross Project Kids Ride from 10:00 to 11:00 a.m. at the Tri-County Mountain Bike Association’s Ridgeland Trails at 21 Giles Ln, Madison, MS 39110. There is no cost for the kid’s clinic; limited to 100 participants. All participants must wear a helmet and bring a bike.
About Jonathan Page (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Page_(cyclist)):
Jonathan Page (September 16, 1976 in Tilton, New Hampshire, USA) is an American bicycle racer specializing in cyclo-cross and road racing. He was the USA Cycling National Cyclo-cross Champion in 2002 (primary sponsor Richard Sachs), 2003 (primary sponsor Selle Italia-Guerciotti) and 2004 (primary sponsor Cervélo). Page won his fourth National Championship in 2013. He currently lives in Kamas, Utah when not based in Oudenaarde, Belgium during the cyclocross season.